Mayo College Ajmer
Mayo College Ajmer is a prestegious boarding school for boys in Ajmer, Rajasthan. Richard Bourke, 6th Earl of Mayo, who served as Viceroy of India from 1869 to 1872, founded it in 1875. It is thus one of India’s oldest public residential institutions. Lt. Gen. (Retd) Surendra Kulkarni, the school’s 17th principal, has been in charge since January 2015.
Mayo College Ajmer
The institution was founded to provide modern education to the Indian aristocracy that was rooted in Indian culture. Mr. Lockwood Kipling, the father of the famed Rudyard Kipling, provided the design for the Mayo College Coat of Arms. Following independence, the school accepted the young, newly independent India’s secular and egalitarian attitude and welcomed students from all communities and regions across the country and the world. Today, the school offers a one-of-a-kind blend of modern education offered in a historical environment, with the goal of raising global citizens capable of facing the future while being mindful of and proud of their rich cultural heritage.
The school provides an excellent setting for instilling a global perspective and a strong value system in students. Academic Excellence, Technical and Technological Skills, Sports, Fine Arts, Music, and Theatre are all part of Mayo College’s education. It’s a one-of-a-kind environment where cultural heritage coexists peacefully with technological progress.
If you want more info about the school, we’d love to tell you.
The Campus of Mayo College
The Mayo College campus is located in Ajmer, Rajasthan, and comprises 183 acres. Mayo College has been termed as “The Eton of the East.” Mayo College is situated in the Madar foothills. It is a fully residential school with 12 boarding houses, three dining halls, and contemporary classrooms. Mayo College has the unique distinction of having a great campus infrastructure in terms of its co-curricular facilities. It has 9 golf courses, a polo ground, two swimming pools, a well-equipped gymnasium, a 10m air rifle shooting range, two cricket fields, stables housing 50 horses for Horse-riding, polo and equestrian, a 400m athletic track and 110m obstacle race (hurdle) track.
Academics of Mayo College
Mayo College is dedicated to providing a complete education that is valuable in and of itself, in addition to enhancing vocational prospects. They are responsible not only for the development of academic skills but also for the development of important non-cognitive talents.
Mayo College has a team of highly trained teachers and instructors who are backed up by knowledgeable administrative staff. Their goal is to create a stimulating environment that will make teaching and learning enjoyable. The curriculum is up to date and meets the demands of a rapidly changing world. It encourages and instills academic brilliance, as well as leadership, self-confidence, mutual respect, and a sense of global identity, in its pupils. As a residential school, they take a number of steps to guarantee that their pupils receive excellent pastoral care. They have a strong desire to be equal partners in their children’s education and to assist them in writing their own, unique stories.
- School board: CBSE
- Age of pupils: 9 to 18
- Faculty 75
- Gender: Boys
- Age: 9 to 18
- Number of pupils: 750
- Student to teacher ratio: 10:1
- Language: English
Awards and Achievements of Mayo College
Mayo College has been ranked number one in terms of academic excellence, future-ready infrastructure in online and social presence. The school has been awarded different awards from all over the world. The school is an active member of the Round Square group of schools.
General Facilities at Mayo College
Only the quality and warmth of the connections between staff and students can be considered to evaluate the school’s progress. Mayo College has the best teaching staff, experienced coaches, a beautiful campus, and the best student housing facility. With an effective student support system, the school has maintained its heritage of providing a “home away from home” setting for learning and growth.
- Boarding Houses: The school currently has 12 boarding houses, which are divided into 8 Senior Houses for students in grades VIII to XII, 1 Holding House for students in grades VII, and 3 Junior Houses for boys in grades IV to VI. All of the boarding house complexes are capable of satisfying the diverse needs of students while maintaining the school’s architectural integrity and essential identity. To reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions while also nurturing students’ well-being, the school promotes the use of durable and long-lasting high-quality materials and green technologies. All of the boarding houses are flooded with natural light and are surrounded by scenic beauty and natural flora and fauna, complementing the aesthetic and contemporary aspects of well-designed buildings. It ensures that kids can live and learn in a happy and tranquil atmosphere.
- Messing Facility: The typical school day for Mayo College students is jam-packed with learning, focus, and physical activity. Meal is important for revitalising the body, and nutritious food selections give people the energy they need to go through the day. As a result, it is the school’s responsibility to help pupils develop lifetime healthy eating habits by providing nutritious meals. Mayo has three different types of messes: Junior, Middle, and Senior. The large dining halls easily accommodate students, and eating together fosters a sense of fraternity among them. Students’ mess times are set to allow them enough time to eat, interact, and enjoy their meals. Apart from that, the school guarantees that all kids are taught proper table manners and etiquettes.
- Medical Facility: Each student’s physical health is our top priority, and Mayo maintains an on-campus hospital to provide prompt medical care in the event of an emergency. At the hospital reception area, a nurse is always on duty or on call. On campus, a competent RMO and his medical staff are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A well-equipped medical facility is available to kids who become ill during the school day, and all minor injuries are treated with first aid. The hospital has enough beds to accommodate overnight stays. In the event that they need to go to the hospital, all of the students are accompanied by an adult staff member. There are three wards with a total of 40 beds, as well as a dispensary, sitting room, isolation room, dressing room, and doctor’s room at the school. For emergency transportation of students to hospitals or clinics, the school maintains two ambulance vehicles and drivers.
- School Museum: The Danmal Mathur Museum is housed at Jhalawar House, which Mayo College shares with the Arts School. The museum houses precious antiques as well as armoury. This museum is widely regarded as having one of the best collections of any school museum anywhere on the planet.
Sports Facilities at Mayo College
Mayo College Admission
Here you will find all the details about Mayo College Ajmer Online Registrations for the 2022-2023 academic year. Although, Admission Details Application Form Download, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, and many more are available.
Online registration at Mayo College Ajmer for the 2019-20 academic year is now open. Every year in the third week of November, the Common Aptitude Analysis for admission to Mayo College is held at several locations across India. As a result, it is also possible to arrange it from afar through the Indian Embassy in that nation.
The analysis analyses the candidate in English, Hindi, and Mathematics in order to assess the individual’s age-appropriate math and linguistic skills. Parents are notified in August of the year in which their child is to be admitted. As a result, only students who are eligible based on their previous class of study will be considered. Those who have applied for admission are eligible to sit the Aptitude Test.
Mayo College Admission Eligibility
To get admission to Mayo College one must be eligible first. Let’s look at some of the criteria for admission.
The age to be calculated from birth date of child to 01 Apr of the year of admission.
- Class 4th: 8 years to 9 years & 6 months
- Class 5th: 9 years to 10 years & 6 months
- Class 6th: 10 years to 11 years & 6 months
- Class 7th: 11 years to 12 years & 6 months
- Class 8th: 12 years to 13 years & 6 months
- Class 9th 13 years to 14 years & 6 months
Mayo College Admission Process
- Every year in the third week of November, the Common Aptitude Analysis for admission to Mayo College is held at several locations across India.
- It can also be arranged through the Indian Embassy in the country in question.
- The analysis assesses the candidate’s abilities in English, Hindi, and mathematics in order to determine whether they meet the age requirements.
- In the month of August preceding the year in which admission is sought, parents are notified.
- The Aptitude Analysis is only available to students who are eligible based on their prior class of study and who have applied for admission.
- Mayo College selects students based on their performance on the Common Aptitude Analysis. Weightage is given to brothers of current students and children of Old Boys.
- The Education Committee, which includes members of the Board of Directors, including the Director of Mayo College, makes the final decision on admissions.
- The merit list is compiled based on Aptitude Analysis performance, and those who qualify must attend an interaction in December, January, or February. Admissions are decided based on the combined results of the Aptitude Analysis and the interaction. In the month of April, fresh newcomers arrive.
- Overseas candidates are welcome to attend the interaction after notifying the School of their availability. If they are unable to attend on the scheduled date, their wards may enrol in the School in July of the following year.
- Within 10 days, parents must acknowledge their acceptance of the admission.
- Acceptance must be accompanied by payment in accordance with the offer letter’s specifications.
- If the offer is accepted and then denied, the same will be forfeited. Students must submit a Transfer Certificate and must have been promoted to the admissions class (by July of the year) in which they are enrolling.
- A Transfer Certificate of Promotion to the Previous Class will be required if a student is asked to enrol on a specified date without taking the final test.
Mayo College Admission Application Form
- Download the registration form from www.mayocollege.com (confirm the age eligibility).
- Attach self‐attested copies of Birth Certificate, aadhaar card (Parents and child) passport (if available) & two reference letters along with the Registration Form.
- Attach a Demand Draft of Rs 21,950 in favor of Mayo College, Ajmer payable at Ajmer
(a) Rs.21,500 – Registration Fee.
(b) Rs. 450 – 3 years Sample papers.
- Address for Courier‐ The Director Admissions Desk, Mayo College, Srinagar Road, Ajmer 305007 (Raj) Ph‐0145‐2661154
- Online Test based on MCQ will be held in end of January 2022.
- Last date for application submission in Mayo College is 15 January 2022.
Mayo College Fees
Mayo College Fees and Fee Structure are listed in the tables below.
Mayo College Fees for Indian Students:
School Fee (per annum)
Caution Money (Refundable)
Admission Fee (One time)
One Time IT Fee
Prospectus & 3 Sample Papers
Late Fee (After 30 June)
2000 (Total – 23,500)
Mayo College Fees for Overseas Students:
School Fee (per annum)
Caution Money (Refundable)
Admission Fee (One time)
One Time IT Fee
Prospectus & 3 Sample Papers
Late Fee (After 30 June)
US $60 (Total – $1133)
Mayo College Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The Common Aptitude Analysis is held only for admissions up to Class IX. For entrance to Class XI, admission is considered on the basis of the Board’s result of Class X. We advise that the parents prepare the children with the help of the past papers which are available along with the Prospectus. The papers give a correct idea of the degree of difficulty in the exam. When they talk of English, the aim is not at checking rigid rules of formal grammar skills, but at evaluating the student’s command over the language, his fluency of expression, vocabulary, original thoughts, and ideas.
Mayo College Class 4th Syllabus
- Write a paragraph (100-150 Words) on a given topic
- Write a story or a short composition based on a picture
- Simple Tenses (past, present and future)
- Comprehend an unseen passage and answer questions based on it
- Give the meaning and opposites of words taken from the passage
- Construct sentences with words taken from the passage
- Parts of speech 8
- Punctuate sentences & Articles
- The number system: Reads and writes 3 digit numbers, place value and face value of numbers, expands a number w.r.t place values, counts in different ways – starring from any number, compares numbers predecessor and successor of a number, forms greatest and smallest numbers using given set of 3 digits.
- Operations in numbers: Addition and subtraction of 3 or 4 digits. Word problems of addition and subtraction, frame problems for addition and subtraction facts.
- Multiplication:- By a one or a two digit numbers, word problems based on multiplication. Division by a single digit number, word problems based on division.
- Fractions:- Concept of ½ , 1/3, ¼ , 2/3, ¾ etc.
- Time:- Counting number of days from a given date to another date from a months and dates; counting the hours and minutes and reading the time from the clock.
- Measurement :- (Length, Mass, Capacity): Standard units of length mass and capacity, conversion of units of length, mass and capacity.
- Pictorial Representation of Data:- Reading and interpreting a pictograph.
- Geometry:- Identification of 2 dimensional shapes (Triangle, Square, Rectangle, Circle etc.), Describes the various 2 dimensional shapes by counting their sides, corners and diagonals.
To get the syllabus of each class kindly drop your query to us.
Important dates for Mayo College Admission 2022
In the table below, we have listed the important dates for Mayo College Admission 2022:
Dates (Autumn Session)
Registration Closing From
15 January 2022
End of January 2022
Notable Alumni of The Doon School
Notable Alumni of Mayo College
- Sir Hari Singh Bahadur, last ruler of Jammu and Kashmir
- K. Natwar Singh (politician)
- Harsh Vardhan Shringla (Diplomat)
- Indra Sinha (writer)
- Amit Goyal (scientist and inventor)
- Vivek Oberoi (actor)
- Admiral Sunil Lanba (Chief of Naval Staff)
- Nagendra Singh (President of the International Court of Justice)
Mayo College has also educated and mentored members of royal families including Bikaner, Alwar, Jammu and Kashmir, Kishangarh, Jaipur, Kangra, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Kutch, Kota, and Dewas (Junior).
Want to get Admission in Mayo College Ajmer?
We are well aware that admission to Mayo College is a dream for many children, but only a few are selected. The school has a restricted number of seats, and the number of applicants is substantially higher. As a result, the entrance examination is more difficult. A child requires good direction at this time. Shori: The Prep School educates them in an unparalleled manner in order for them to get selected for the Mayo College entrance examination.
Shori: The Prep School
A premier International Prep School that prepares young minds to crack the entrance examination of prestigious boarding schools. The prep school is well regarded for the high-quality entrance exams preparation and produces the best results year after year. At Shori, we focus on building a strong foundation of knowledge and concepts in children for their success and provide an excellent platform for the preparation of competitive exams and the overall development of children. The best academic support and personal care which we provide to the students helps them meet their goals and objectives.
The core values of Determination, Honesty, Authenticity, Integrity, Devotion, Humanism, Holistic Learning, Social Ethics, and concern for society & the environment are all closely interwoven into the fiber of Shori: The Prep School. Our highly qualified and most experienced faculty are dedicated and committed to students’ complete success and provide assistive surroundings to contribute to their social, cultural, academic, and all-around development.
To our students, we impart value-based education, abundant resources, and individual attention. For the parents, we have a responsibility to nurture ethical and responsible career leadership in the children. To society, we provide a lifelong connection to ethics and excellence in global leaders.
As per the survey of D.Learning Mayo has been ranked 2 in the list of top boarding schools of India.
Vivek Oberoi (actor), Admiral Sunil Lanba (Chief of Naval Staff), Sir Hari Singh Bahadur, last ruler of Jammu and Kashmir, K. Natwar Singh (politician), Harsh Vardhan Shringla (Diplomat), Indra Sinha (writer), Amit Goyal (scientist and inventor) and Nagendra Singh (President of the International Court of Justice) studied at Mayo College.