St. George’s College Mussoorie
St. George’s College in Mussoorie is a premier boarding school in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand. It is affiliated to the ICSE Council. The Capuchin Fathers founded the School in 1853, and it was given to the Society of the Brothers of St. Patrick (Ireland) in 1894. It is all-boys boarding as well as non-boarding school, with a land area of around 400 acres (1.6 km square). It was established in a house known as the Manor House, which is still remembered on Campus. Minorities are the students.
St. George’s College Mussoorie
The school is dedicated to providing its students with the best education. The goal and focus of the organization remain the same, but the emphasis has shifted to include the finest in education and infrastructure. St. George’s College has given a long list of distinguished alumni who have dedicated their lives to serving our motherland India. We are proud of these remarkable individuals who received their original inspiration and beliefs from their Alma Mater and have continued to spread the torch of love and service.
If you want more info about the school, we’d love to tell you.
The campus of St. George’s College Mussoorie
St. George’s College is located on a 400-acre campus in Mussoorie. The administration supports the well-being of all Manorites by providing a wide range of top-notch services and amenities. Two large computer laboratories with modern branded PCs have been installed at St. George’s College. The labs are furnished with the most up-to-date technology, allowing students to have hands-on experience with cutting-edge technologies and high-speed internet. The Brother Darcy Library, as it is called, is one of the top libraries in the state. Our library has a wide mix of reading materials, including a large book collection of over 10,000 publications.
Academics of St. George’s College Mussoorie
St. George’s College believes that the latest technology available should be used to make every class session a unique and interesting learning experience.
- Instructional Medium(s) English
- Streams Available Commerce, PCM & PCB
St George’s College operates on the belief that growth, development, and advancement are not limited to students alone, but also include instructors and other professionals within the college. Teachers are encouraged to read outside of their curriculum. At St. George’s, the student-teacher ratio is 1:12.
Achievements of St. George’s College Mussoorie
- Results of Class X/XII Board Exams/Academic Achievements: The school has continuously maintained good results year after year, with a 100% pass rate.
- University Placements: St. George’s students have applied to a number of overseas universities, including Indiana University in the United States of America, the University of Melbourne, and Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
- St. George’s College was the first school in North India to implement a tablet-based learning solution to allow pupils to practice their skills.
- The school assemblies act as a vehicle for motivating students to uphold a solid set of values that will prepare them for future problems.
- Throughout the year, each class has the chance to give a morning assembly on a certain subject. Under the direction and guidance of their class instructor, students work together as a team to bring this theme to life in a unique way.
- Another unique technology, Tata Edge, was introduced to help youngsters enhance their learning results through interactive learning.
- The school offers Smart Board-equipped lessons that deliver multimedia modules to both the instructor and the students for better comprehension.
- The Student Performance Analysis is a one-of-a-kind tool for ensuring self-control. It is a positive approach to instilling responsibility in students. Its goal is to make the process of selecting students for various awards more transparent. Students are able to evaluate their performance on a regular basis and are motivated to participate in and improve their performance in all areas. On a monthly, termly, and yearly basis, the Student Performance Processes and makes the child’s progress.
Facilities at St. George’s College Mussoorie
- Church: The parish church can be seen in the campus.
- Dormitory: Each class has its own dormitory and dressing room, ensuring that students get a decent night’s sleep after a long day of activities.
- Swimming Pool: The Indoor heated swimming pool allows our students to have a whale of a time throughout the year.
- Infrastructure: The classrooms equipped with smart boards, projectors, computer systems and tablets with study related content, striking a balance with modern and conventional forms of teachings.
- Extraordinary Playing Field: In early 1900s, the then Principal, Bro. Haverty, levelled the top of the hill to create what is the Top Flat which is the school’s largest playing field.
- Science Lab: The science labs were built next to the top flat in 1925.
- Multi-functional Auditorium: In 1939, the school purchased the Whytebank Castle and Brooklands Estate, and in 1942, an auditorium was built.
- Indoor Gymnasium:
- Library: Their library known as the Brother Darcy Library is one of the best libraries in the state.
Sports Facilities at The Doon School
St. George’s College Mussoorie Admission
Admissions for classes IV–IX for the year 2021-22 are now open in St. George’s College Mussoorie. Please contact us by phone or email if you have any inquiries concerning admissions. The entrance examination will be held on the school campus itself. The School sends proper guidelines through email a few days prior to the entrance test.
Admission Eligibility of St. George’s College Mussoorie
St. George’s College has a demanding academic environment. Although the work is challenging, you will enjoy the opportunities to work closely with the teachers. The school accepts admission from class 4th to 9th only.
St. George’s College Admission Process
Admission to St. George’s College is open to students from all communities, regardless of caste, creed, color, or religion. Registration permits a student to take the Entrance Exam but does not guarantee admission. The child’s performance in the Entrance Test determines whether or not he or she is admitted.
St. George’s College Admission Application Form
For the registration process, the following documents are required:
- Registration can be done online through the online registration form link at the bottom of the official website.
- A demand draft for Rs. 10,000/- (non–refundable) payable at Mussoorie in favor of St. George’s College Mussoorie,
- Three current passport size pictures,
- Birth certificate,
- Latest progress report, and
- A copy of the student’s Aadhar card
- Registration Fee can also be submitted directly to the account of school: ST. GEORGE’S COLLEGE MUSSOORIE, STATE BANK OF INDIA, ACCOUNT NO: 10437445699, IFSC CODE: SBIN0010587, BRANCH CODE: 10587.
St. George’s College Fees
In this section, the Fee Structure of St. Georges College is mentioned. Kindly have a look.
Admission Fees (Non-Refundable)
Security Deposit (Interest Free- Refundable)
Boarding Fees(IV,VIII & XI)
Boarding Fees(X & XII)
Tuition Fees(IV TO VI)
50,270/- per annum
Tuition Fees(VII & VIII)
59,451/- per annum
Tuition Fees(IX & X)
71,693/- per annum
Tuition Fees(XI & XII COM)
80,873/- per annum
Tuition Fees (XI & XII SC)
Student Development/ Care Charges (Non Refundable)(IV TO VI)
67,000/- per annum
Student Development/ Care Charges (Non Refundable)(VII & VIII)
68,000/- per annum
Student Development/ Care Charges (Non Refundable)(IX & X)
69,000/- per annum
Student Development/ Care Charges (Non Refundable)(XI & XII)
70,000/- per annum
Advance against textbooks, pocket money etc.(IV TO VI)
67,000/- per annum
Advance against textbooks, pocket money etc. (VIII & XI)
77,000/- per annum
Documentation & Verification Exp.
20,000/- per annum
St. George’s College Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Although St. Georges College doesn’t share a syllabus. But the questions in the entrance test are asked from the previous class. However, Shori: The Prep School can help you with that. Let’s look at the subjects from which the entrance test is held.
- Subjects for Entrance test for Classes IV – VI : English and Mathematics.
- Subjects for Entrance test for Classes VII – IX : English, Mathematics and Science.
If you want your child to attend St. George School Mussoorie, you should start studying for the entrance exam right now. We’re here to assist you with your planning.
Important dates for St. George’s College Admission 2022
Registration for class 4th to 9th is open. The academic year commences in February and ends in December with the midterm break in June. The year is divided into three terms. Registration opens for class XI from December 2021 till February 2022.
Notable Alumni of St. George’s College
Alumni of St. George’s College may be found all over the world. The Indian Air Force gifted a TS-11 Iskra, a trainer jet, to the school in 2005 as a homage to the institution’s alumni’ excellent service in the army.
- Willie G. Cullen, Ernie .J. Cullen, Michael Gateley, George Eric Marthins, Lionel Emmett, Carlyle Carroll Tapsell – Gold medal winners for India in field hockey – 1928 Amsterdam Olympic Games, 1932 Los Angeles Olympic Games, 1936 Berlin Olympic Games
- Chief of the Air Staff, BS Dhanoa Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa, PVSM, AVSM, YSM, VM, ADC is the 25th Chief of the Air Staff of the Indian Air Force and studied in St. George’s College, Mussoorie in the years 1968 and 1969.
- Wing Commander Trevor Keelor, Vir Chakra, Vayu Sena Medal; hero of the 1965 Indo-Pak War
- Lucky Ali, singer and actor
- Dr. M.S Gill (Class of 1952), Chief Election Commissioner of India (1996–2001), Member, Rajya Sabha (2004–2005), former Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India
- Kanwaljit Singh (Class of 1966), film and television actor
- Air Chief Marshal Denis La Fontaine, (Class of 1946), Chief of Air Staff, 1985–1988
- Major Haripal Singh Ahluwalia (Class of 1954), Padma Bhushan, Padma Shree, Arjuna Award; first Indian to scale Mount Everest on 29 May 1965
- General Shankar Roychowdhury, PVSM (Class of 1953), Chief of Army Staff, 1994–1997; Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha
- Saeed Jaffrey (Class of 1940), cultural ambassador and actor; first Indian actor featuring on Broadway; performances in British and Indian film and television
- Air Marshal Denzil Keelor, Vir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, (Class of 1940), hero of the 1965 Indo-Pak War
- Melville De Mello (Class of 1932), Padma Shri, broadcaster and author;
- Bhupinder Singh – Film and TV Actor
- Satpal Maharaj, Member of Parliament, 15th Lok Sabha, from Garhwal Lok Sabha Constituency
- Major Haripal Singh Ahluwalia (Class of 1954), Padma Bhushan, Padma Shree, Arjuna Award; first Indian to scale Mount Everest on 29 May 1965.Injured in 1965 war. President- Rehabilation Council of India, Organised and led motor expeditions over the Himalayas and Tibet to the Silk Route. Author of several books.
Want To Get Admission In St. George’s College?
We are well aware that admission in St. George’s College is a dream for many children, but only a few make this dream come true. The school has a restricted number of seats, and the number of applicants is substantially higher. As a result, the entrance examination is more difficult. A child requires good direction at this time. Shori: The Prep School educates them in an unparalleled manner in order for them to get selected in St. George’s College entrance examination.
Shori: The Prep School
A premier International Prep School that prepares young minds to crack the entrance examination of prestigious boarding schools. The prep school is well regarded for the high-quality entrance exams preparation and produces the best results year after year. At Shori, we focus on building a strong foundation of knowledge and concepts in children for their success and provide an excellent platform for the preparation of competitive exams and the overall development of children. The best academic support and personal care which we provide to the students helps them meet their goals and objectives.
The core values of Determination, Honesty, Authenticity, Integrity, Devotion, Humanism, Holistic Learning, Social Ethics, and concern for society & the environment are all closely interwoven into the fiber of Shori: The Prep School. Our highly qualified and most experienced faculty are dedicated and committed to students’ complete success and provide assistive surroundings to contribute to their social, cultural, academic, and all-around development.
To our students, we impart value-based education, abundant resources, and individual attention. For the parents, we have a responsibility to nurture ethical and responsible career leadership in the children. To society, we provide a lifelong connection to ethics and excellence in global leaders.
St. George’s College is a Christian Minority institution, under The Congregation of the Brothers of St. Patrick, founded by Bishop Daniel Delany in the year 1808 in Ireland.
St. George’s College, is an all-boys boarding and non-boarding school affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations board.