Table of Contents
Welham Girls’ School Dehradun is a Senior Secondary School in Dehradun. Which is affiliated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE). The school is an all-girls boarding school with classes from 6th to 12th. Welham Girls’ School first opened its doors in 1957. Moreover, Welham Girls’ school is a member of the Indian Public School Conference. If you wish to send your child to this school and want information about the school. Certainly, you are at the right place.
About Welham Girls’ School
Welham Girls School Dehradun educates students from class 6th to 12th. Every academic year, sessions at Welham Girls’ School begin in April. This School is one of the best boarding schools in Dehradun. Most importantly, the dedicated and skilled teachers are here. Who guarantee that the youngsters of this school get the most out of their education. Also, this school is an English medium school. So, all the interactions of students take place in the English Language. Moreover, Hindi is also a language in the curriculum. In addition, students may pick any of these languages as a third language: Sanskrit, Punjabi, Bangla, or Urdu. Moreover, if she has any prior understanding of the language, then she may also choose French.
In conclusion, the school has achieved outstanding academic performance. Also, its students have succeeded in extra-curricular activities as well.
The Campus of Welham Girl’s School
Firstly, Welham Girls’ school’s buildings are spacious and filled with enough light. Certainly, this prestigious school provides outstanding pastoral care to its 550 girl students. Who live in ten well-equipped dorms. Secondly, the girls are divided into five Houses, which help them develop a sense of connection, and teamwork. Oriole, Woodpecker, Hoopoe, Bulbul, and Flycatcher are the names of the dormitories. These are all the names of the birds that one can see on the campus also.
The House System is very important in a residential school. Above all, Each House is not just a conscience entity led by a House Mistress and a matron, but it is also a hierarchical community in which the girls develop strong feelings of loyalty, responsibility, and leadership.
In addition, all student officials, including house captains. They are picked for their poise, confidence, and ability to take initiative. All five Houses participate in sports as well as a range of other activities like art, dance, debating, quizzing, and drama.
Academic of Welham Girls’ School
Welham Girls’ School is affiliated with the CISCE in Delhi. Most importantly, it employs a student-centered approach. In addtition, it emphasizes providing students with hands-on learning experiences. Through field trips, live experiments. In addition, cross-curricular blended learning, research projects, and presentations. Within a comprehensive atmosphere, the school curriculum. Mainly focuses to provide pupils the creative and critical thinking abilities.
Moreover, the school also uses flipped classroom instruction. In which students can learn theoretical subjects ahead of time. And also use class time for debate and refining their understanding. Further, the flipped classroom switches instruction to a learner-centered approach. In which students can use the class time to go deeper into topics and generate meaningful learning opportunities. In conclusion, Students can use educational technologies like online videos to ‘deliver content’ outside of the classroom.
Achievements of Welham Girls’ School
Welham Girls School is well-known for its academic achievements. Because the school’s staff always ensure that students receive a high-quality education. So, In the board exams, the School Girls obtain a fantastic result. Moreover, here we mentioned previous years’ results of Welham Girls School.
The results of the ICSE and ISC in 2019:
- The average score in the 2019 class XII board examination (ISC) was 91.9 percent. And two students received the #3 all-India rank with an aggregate of 99.25 percent.
- In 2019 ICSE board, 70 out of 80 pupils received an aggregate score of 90% or more. With the class average of 93.5 percent.
The results of the ICSE and ISC in 2020:
- Janhvi Chandra (O/400) took first place in the ISC exams. With a score of 99.50 percent. In three subjects, she received a perfect score. In ISC, the class average is 94 percent. 65 of the 76 pupils received a score of 90 percent or above, and no one received a score of less than 80 percent.
- Krisha Khanna scored 98.6 percent in ICSE exams, obtaining 100 marks in four of the six subjects. In class 10, the average is 93.5 percent. 74 of the 82 students received a grade of 90 percent or higher.
Facilities at Welham Girls School
Welham Girls School offers a variety of facilities to its students. That is to say, In their school, they always use the most up-to-date learning systems. The following are some of the facilities available.
- Welham Girls School is rightfully proud of its open-shelf library and resource center. Which enable girls to develop an interest in a variety of disciplines. In addition, to provide them with the opportunity to conduct research and in-depth study.
- After that, State-of-the-art, well-equipped laboratories. Give remarkable facilities in physics, chemistry, biology. Also, Computer science, mathematics, history, geography, and home science.
- Until Class VIII, computer science is compulsory. After that, it is offered as a topic and a co-curricular activity.
- This Dehradun Girls School makes great use of audio-visual ICT-enabled instructional aids.
- Students are encouraged to visit the library. In order to, undertake research. Because project work is greatly emphasised.
- Debates and group activities encourage independent thinking and learning.
Extracurricular activities and Sports facilities
- Welhm Girls School Dehradun offers Craft, Kathak, Bharatnatyam, Folk Dance. In addition, Tabla, Sitar, Guitar, Drums, and Piano to its students.
- They also teaches Indian classical vocal music, Western classical vocal music, Audio Visual. Similarly, Dramatics, Paper Recycling, French, Computer science, and Yoga to the girls.
- As sports are an important part of the school’s routine. That’s why, the school provides basketball, hockey, badminton, lawn tennis, athletics. Moreover, table tennis, karate, cricket, and aerobics sports facilities to the girls.
Admission Process for Welham Girls’ School
In this section, you will find everything. You need to know about Welham Girls School Dehradun admission. A good school for your child’s academic, co-curricular, and overall growth is the best gift you can give him/her. In short, this article will inform you about Welham Girls School Admission Procedure & Policy. In addition, Important Dates for Admission, Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Welham Girls School Dehradun Fee Structure, and other vital information is also going to provide in this article.
Every year, the new academic semester begins in early April. So, Anyone interested in attending Welham Girls School should study for the exam as soon as possible. Here are certain age criteria that students should be aware of:
|Class||Age at start of the academic session|
|Class BII (Class 6)||10½ – 12 Years|
|Class BI (Class 7)||11½ – 13 Years|
|Class Pre SC (Class 11)||15½ – 17 Years|
Every year in early April, the new academic term begins. But, only seats in Classes VI, VII, and XI are available at Welham Girls School.
- The initial step in the admissions process is to submit an application for registration. In order to register the girl’s name for the year and class for which admission is desired. A registration fee must be supplied with the application. The charge is non-refundable and non-adjustable. Moreover, it is only applicable for the academic year specified. However, a girl’s registration does not ensure her acceptance.
- Every girl who has applied for admission to Classes VI and VII must attend an Aptitude/Proficiency Assessment. At the designated center closest to her residence. The Assessment takes place in November/December of the year. Prior to the entrance year. The school sends out information about these assessments to parents well in advance. Moreover, a medical fitness test is also necessary for the student.
Admission Application Form:
Firstly, you can find the application or registration forms on the school’s official website. Or in the office. Moreover, you can pay for the school prospectus and registration form. And send a demand draft to “The Principal, Welham Girls’ School” for registration. We have listed the application fee and the registration fee below:
- The prospectus fee (for Classes VI and VII) is Rs. 1200 (within India), but RS. 1500.00 (abroad).
- The prospectus fee (for Classes XI) is Rs. 700 (within India), but RS. 1000.00 (abroad).
- Registration Fee is Rs. 20,000 only.
Welham Girls School Fee Structure
The following tables detail Welham Girls School Dehradun fees. And fee structure:
Fees, Deposits, and Advances:
|School Fees||Rs. 5,75,000/-|
|Admission Fees||Rs. 50,000/- (At the time of admission)|
|Security Deposit||Rs. 2,87,500/- (Refundable)|
|Imprest Deposit||Rs. 40,000/-|
|Uniform Deposit||Rs. 20,000/-|
Prospectus and Application Form Fee:
|Prospectus Fee (Classes VI and VII)||Rs. 1200.00 (within India) or RS. 1500.00 (abroad)|
|Prospectus Fee (Class XI)||Rs. 700.00 (within India) or RS. 1000.00 (abroad)|
|Registration Fee||Rs. 20,000 only.|
Welham Girls School Syllabus and Exam Pattern
A girl must pass two main phases to get admission in Welham Girls School:
- The first is an aptitude/proficiency test. That will be administered in the form of a written exam. This exam consists of four subjects. Math, English, Hindi, and General Knowledge. But the test’s syllabus is straightforward. In addition, it covers basic topics covered in school up to fifth grade.
- The Interview Round is the second stage. Therefore, the child will be asked some general questions in this round. Because they will be looking for attributes in your child. Such as originality, imagination, and intellectual risk-taking. The greatest way to prepare is to keep your child up to date. On what’s going on in the world.
- In addition, the student must pass a medical fitness test.
Admission is offered based on the results of assessments provided by the school. At the time of admission, as well as the number of open seats in each class.
Prominent Alumni of Welham Girls School
Welham Girls School has a number of well-known alumni. In the fields of art, politics, and sports, among other things.
- Brinda Karat – Indian politician.
- Subhashini Ali – Indian politician.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan – Indian actress.
- Radhika Roy – Indian journalist
- Deepa Mehta – Indo-Canadian film director and screenwriter.
- Meira Kumar – Indian politician and former diploma.
- Neera Yadav – leader of Bharatiya Janata Party Jharkhand.
- Madhu Tehran – Indian journalist.
- Priyanka Gandhi – Indian politician and the general secretary of the All India Congress Committee in charge of Uttar Pradesh.
- Aditi Vasudev – Indian film actress.
Want To Get Admission In Welham Girls School?
We are well aware that admission in Welham Girls School is a dream for many children. But only a few make this dream come true. Moreover, the school has a restricted number of seats. Above all, the number of applicants is generally higher. As a result, the entrance examination is more difficult. A child requires good direction at this time. Shori: The Prep School educates them in an unparalleled manner. In order for them to get selected in Welham Girls School Entrance Examination.
A premier International Prep School that prepares young minds to crack the entrance examination of prestigious boarding schools. The prep school is well regarded for the high-quality entrance exams preparation and produces the best results year after year. At Shori, we focus on building a strong foundation of knowledge and concepts in children for their success and provide an excellent platform for the preparation of competitive exams and the overall development of children. The best academic support and personal care which we provide to the students helps them meet their goals and objectives.
The core values of determination, honesty, authenticity, integrity, devotion, humanism, holistic learning, social ethics, and concern for society & the environment are all closely interwoven into the fiber of Shori: The Prep School.
Our highly qualified and most experienced faculty are dedicated and committed to student’s complete success and provide assistive surroundings to contribute to their social, cultural, academic, and all-around development.
To our students, we impart value-based education, abundant resources, and individual attention. For the parents, we have a responsibility to nurture ethical and responsible career leadership in the children. To society, we provide a lifelong connection to ethics and excellence in global leaders.
Frequently Asked Questions on Welham Girls School
Which board is Welham Girls School affiliated to?
Welham Girls School Dehradun is affiliated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE).
Is there a hostel at Welham Girls School?
Yes, Girls have access to boarding/hostel facilities at the schools because the school is a boarding school.
Where Welham Girls School is located?
Welham Girls School Dehradun is located at No. 19 – Municipal Road, Dalanwala Dehradun – 248001.
Who are some famous alumni of Welham Girls School?
Kareena Kapoor and Deepa Mehta are some celebrity alumni of Welham Girls School.
For Admission in Top Boarding Schools
Hurry up! Fill this form and get a callback from us within an hour.
For Admission in Top Boarding Schools
Hurry up! Fill this form and get a callback from us within an hour.